The 1.6-hectare populated hamlet of Alwine in Uebigau-Wahrenbruck district, Germany, is sold for 140,000 EUR at a public auction.
Its empty homes and ageing residents mirror the wider fate of east German hinterlands.
- AFP via Daily Nation
- The 16-hectare hamlet of Alwine in Uebigau-Wahrenbruck, Germany, is sold for 140.000 EUR.
- The 1.6-hectare populated hamlet of Alwine in Uebigau-Wahrenbruck district, Germany, is sold for 140,000 EUR at a public auction.
- Police in Germany release six men suspected of plotting a terror attack at yesterday's Berlin Half Marathon, one of who was linked to Anis Amri, after failing to find evidence to substantiate their suspicions.
- German Interior Minister Horst Seehofer rejects claims that yesterday's car attack was an act of either Islamic or far-right terrorism, saying the attacker was not politically motivated.
- German authorities arrest six men aged 18 to 21 suspected of planning a terror attack on today's Berlin Half Marathon.
- A man drives a van into a group of people in Munster, Germany, killing two and injuring 30. The driver then shoots and kills himself.
- The German daily "Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung" reports that last year's visit of the Vietnamese public security minister and his entourage to Slovakia was used to cover for the abduction of a dissident Vietnamese entrepreneur Trinh Xuan Thanh who had previously emigrated to Germany.