The 1.6-hectare populated hamlet of Alwine in Uebigau-Wahrenbruck district, Germany, is sold for 140,000 EUR at a public auction.
Its empty homes and ageing residents mirror the wider fate of east German hinterlands.
- AFP via Daily Nation
- The 16-hectare hamlet of Alwine in Uebigau-Wahrenbruck, Germany, is sold for 140.000 EUR.
- The 1.6-hectare populated hamlet of Alwine in Uebigau-Wahrenbruck district, Germany, is sold for 140,000 EUR at a public auction.
- Winter storm Eleanor moves from the British Isles to continental Europe with one dead in France as well as injuries and material losses in Germany, Netherlands and Switzerland.
- British, American and German men are among a group of international volunteers who travelled to Afrin to fight against Turkish-led forces in north-west Syria.
- A helicopter and a light aircraft collide mid-air close to the Philippsburg Nuclear Power Plant in Germany, killing four people.
- German nurse and convicted serial killer Niels Hogel is charged with 97 further counts of murder.
- Nine prisoners have escaped from a Berlin, Germany prison over the last five days, with two escaping today.