Iraq has announced that its war against the so-called Islamic State is over.
PM Haider al-Abadi says Iraqi troops are now in complete control of the country.
- Iraq has announced that its war against so-called Islamic State is over.
- Iraq has announced that its war against the so-called Islamic State is over.
- The Iraqi Armed Forces enter the town of Al-Qa'im, close to the border with Syria. Al-Qa'im is one of the last towns in Iraq still held by ISIL.
- The Iraqi Armed Forces launch an offensive to recapture the last ISIL stronghold in Iraq, Rawa.
- A suicide bomber at a market in Musayyib kills 31 and wounds 35. ISIL claims responsibility.
- According to security sources, dozens of people are killed in an overnight attack in Tikrit by suspected ISIL militants. 31 bodies were taken to a hospital, according to a local doctor, while more continued to be found by morning.
- The pro-government Popular Mobilization Forces militia takes control of the mostly destroyed ancient city of Hatra in Iraq's Nineveh Governorate, following clashes with ISIL, who seized the ruins in 2014.