Deputy national security adviser Dina Powell will step down from her position early next year, the White House said Friday.
- The Hill (Image)
- White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders announces the departure of National Security Council spokesman Michael Anton.
- Days ahead of the Global Entrepreneurship Summit in India, scheduled to be attended by Ivanka Trump per Prime Minister Narendra Modi's June invitation, reports indicate the United States Department of State, led by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, will not be sending a high-level delegation to support her amid reports of tensions between Tillerson and the White House.
- The White House releases unredacted emails of people concerned about the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity. Sensitive information revealed in the emails prompts immediate backlash and privacy concerns.
- The White House releases a proposed budget that includes an increase in spending for the military but a decrease in healthcare and welfare.
- "The New York Times" publishes an editorial written by an anonymous senior administration official in the Trump administration which criticizes U.S. President Donald Trump and claims unnamed administration aides and officials, in efforts to promote national stability, conspired against the president.