The United States embassy in Belgium issues a warning to its citizens to avoid a manifestation against the "recent Presidential announcement" and avoid all protest locations.
News that Trump is expected to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital has drawn concern from politicians around the world.
- Het Laatste Nieuws
- Belgium supports a plan by Dutch minister Lilianne Ploumen to launch a fund compensating worldwide for the United States' newly-reinstated Mexico City policy.
- The United States and other western nations including Britain, Sweden, Australia, Belgium, Uruguay and Spain walk out of the United Nations General Assembly following claims by the President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad that the "majority of the American people as well as most nations and politicians around the world" say that the 9-11 attacks were the work of the Government of the United States trying to protect Israel.
- Continental Flight 61, a Boeing 777 containing 247 passengers flying from Brussels, Belgium, to Newark, New Jersey, United States, lands safely at Newark Liberty International Airport, after the 61-year-old pilot died mid-flight.
- U.S. President Donald Trump recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and says the U.S. starts the process of moving its embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. The U.S. State Department issues an internal travel warning to Israel, Jerusalem and the West Bank until December 20. The U.S. embassy in Amman temporarily suspends routine public services and stops embassy travel around Jordan. Embassies in Berlin and London issue vigilance warnings to U.S. citizens.
- Eurofighter GmbH offers Belgium a national cyber defense network--suggesting telecommunications security on par with United Kingdom intelligence, which would save Belgium EUR1.6 billion per year--in exchange for buying 34 of their multirole combat aircraft, the Eurofighter Typhoon.