The European Union and Japan announce that they concluded negotiations on a trade deal.
- Reuters (Image)
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzō Abe and European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker hold a summit in Tokyo and sign a deal creating an open trade zone between their states.
- The 42nd G7 summit held at Ise-Shima in Japan's Mie Prefecture concludes with a declaration that the United Kingdom leaving the European Union would pose a "serious threat to world growth".
- The European Union and Japan say that they will begin talks to restart free trade between the two entities beginning in April.
- The United States, Japan, and the European Union file a case against China at the WTO regarding export restrictions on rare earth metals.
- Robert Zoellick, the President of the World Bank, claims that the world economy has entered the "danger zone", with the United States, European Union and Japan having to make tough decisions.