Japan-European Union relations
The European Union and Japan announce that they concluded negotiations on a trade deal.
- The European Union and USA announce that they concluded negotiations on a trade deal.
- The European Union and Japan announce that they concluded negotiations on a trade deal.
- The 42nd G7 summit held at Ise-Shima in Japan's Mie Prefecture concludes with a declaration that the United Kingdom leaving the European Union would pose a "serious threat to world growth".
- The European Union and Japan say that they will begin talks to restart free trade between the two entities beginning in April.
- The United States, Japan, and the European Union file a case against China at the WTO regarding export restrictions on rare earth metals.
- Robert Zoellick, the President of the World Bank, claims that the world economy has entered the "danger zone", with the United States, European Union and Japan having to make tough decisions.
- Two connected stabbings occurred in Vienna, Austria: three people were seriously injured outside a Japanese restaurant, and one man in a later stabbing. The perpetrator was arrested.