- O. J. Simpson is released from a Nevada prison after serving nine years for a Las Vegas armed robbery.
- Nevada prison authorities release O. J. Simpson on parole after serving nine years for a Las Vegas armed robbery.
- Nevada prison authorities release former NFL player O. J. Simpson on parole after serving nine years for a 2007 Las Vegas armed robbery. Previously, a jury had acquitted Simpson of the 1995 murder of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman.
- O. J. Simpson is granted parole by the Nevada Board of Parole Commissioners after spending nearly nine years in prison.
- A woman is arrested after she throws a shoe at the head of former United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton as she was giving a speech in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- O. J. Simpson is sentenced to 15-33 years in prison with eligibility for parole after 9 years for kidnapping and robbery of two sports memorabilia dealers in a Las Vegas, Nevada, casino.
- A U.S. Air Force F-16 crashes at the Nevada Test and Training Range near Las Vegas.
- In the United States, billionaire Steve Wynn, best known for his casino hotels and resorts, resigns as CEO of Wynn Resorts following sexual harassment reports, including a $7.5 million settlement with a former worker at his Las Vegas resort.