South Korea announces it will be raising its US$217,000 cash reward for classified information from North Korea by defectors to $860,000.
- The Guardian
- A Korean People's Army soldier defects to South Korea via the Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ). He was shot and injured by fellow North Korean soldiers as he crossed to the South Korean side at Panmunjom, and has been taken to hospital.
- A North Korean soldier defects to South Korea after swimming across the Han River, the second North Korean defection in a week.
- A North Korean soldier crosses the Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) and defects to South Korea, the first since September 2016.
- North Korea's deputy ambassador to the United Kingdom, Thae Yong-ho, defects with his family to South Korea.
- A group of 13 North Koreans working at a restaurant in an unidentified country defect en masse to South Korea, according to Seoul's Ministry of Unification.