South Korea announces it will be raising its US$217,000 cash reward for classified information from North Korea by defectors to $860,000.
- The Guardian
- A North Korean soldier defects to South Korea after swimming across the Han River, the second North Korean defection in a week.
- A North Korean soldier crosses the Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) and defects to South Korea, the first since September 2016.
- North Korea's deputy ambassador to the United Kingdom, Thae Yong-ho, defects with his family to South Korea.
- A group of 13 North Koreans working at a restaurant in an unidentified country defect en masse to South Korea, according to Seoul's Ministry of Unification.
- North Korea accuses South Korea of kidnapping its citizens and demands their immediate return after Seoul's Ministry of Unification said 13 of them had defected to South Korea from China, where they worked in a Pyongyang-operated restaurant. China says that the 13 people, a male manager and 12 young female employees, had legitimate passports and had freely exited China.