2015-16 UK and Ireland windstorm season
Some 25,000 households in Ireland lose power as a result of Storm Barney.
Some 25,000 households will be without electricity overnight as Storm Barney sweeps across the country.
- The Independent Ireland
- 2015-16 UK and Ireland windstorm season: Some 25,000 households in Ireland lose power as a result of Storm Barney.
- Some 25,000 households in Ireland lose power as a result of Storm Barney.
- Irish mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor appears in court and is released on bail after being charged with assault and criminal mischief.
- Irish firm Smyths Toys agrees to buy 93 Toys R Us stores in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland plus four related online shops.
- A fire breaks out in the upper floors of a hotel and apartment block building in Ballymun, Ireland, near Dublin Airport. The fire affects the top seven floors of the building and two floors of apartments, without casualties.
- Twenty-three European Union countries sign a defence integration pact known as the Permanent Structured Cooperation. NATO members Denmark, Portugal and the United Kingdom (withdrawal from EU underway), and non-NATO members Malta and Ireland, opt out.
- Storm Brian, the third windstorm of the season, causes severe flash flooding in Ireland and coastal flooding in parts of England and Wales, although disruption is not as severe as initially expected.