Some 25,000 households in Ireland lose power as a result of Storm Barney.
Some 25,000 households will be without electricity overnight as Storm Barney sweeps across the country.
- The Independent Ireland (Image)
- 2015-16 UK and Ireland windstorm season: Some 25,000 households in Ireland lose power as a result of Storm Barney.
- Some 25,000 households in Ireland lose power as a result of Storm Barney.
- Ireland protests in response to the Venezuelan government seizing a Smurfit Kappa production plant, with Dublin liaising through its Mexican embassy to secure its return and the release of imprisoned managers.
- Pope Francis holds Sunday Mass at Phoenix Park in Dublin, Ireland for the World Meeting of Families.
- Taoiseach Leo Varadkar announces plans to open the Technological University Dublin, a new university in Dublin, Ireland, in January 2019. The new university will be an amalgamation of three existing institutes of technology - DIT, ITB, and IT Tallaght.
- Ireland holds a referendum which will decide whether to repeal the constitutional prohibition of abortion. Exit polls suggest the results shall be 68% "yes" and 32% "no". The results will be released at 09:00 UTC tomorrow.
- Irish mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor appears in court and is released on bail after being charged with assault and criminal mischief.