Blocking an independent Scotland's ability to share the pound could damage business in the rest of the UK, First Minister Alex Salmond says.
- BBC (Image)
- Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon announces she will seek a second referendum on Scottish independence from the United Kingdom.
- First Minister of Scotland Alex Salmond launches the "Yes" campaign for Scottish independence at Cineworld in Edinburgh.
- Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond unveils a legislative programme for the coming year which includes plans to create a single police force and a single fire service for Scotland.
- Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond activates Whitelee Wind Farm, Europe's largest onshore wind farm.
- A report reveals that 2017 saw over ten thousand new businesses in the technology sector throughout the United Kingdom, with all areas seeing growth over 2016. Scotland saw a 77% increase with 440 new firms.