In Florida, United States, Eric Rivera Jr. is convicted of second-degree murder in the 2007 killing of NFL Washington Redskins player Sean Taylor during a burglary.
A South Florida jury has convicted a 23-year-old man of second-degree murder in the 2007 killing of Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor during a botched home burglary.
- Fox News (Image)
- A gunman kills two people and injures five others before killing himself at a yoga studio in Tallahassee, Florida, United States.
- The death toll in the U.S. from Hurricane Michael rises to 17: eight in Florida, five in Virginia, three in North Carolina and one in Georgia.
- Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro blames an alleged assassination attempt on Colombia and Venezuelan exiles in the U.S. state of Florida.
- American rapper XXXTentacion is shot dead in Deerfield Beach, Florida, United States.
- Subtropical Storm Alberto, the first named Atlantic storm of 2018, makes landfall on the west coast of Florida, United States.