- BBC (Image)
- The Smith Commission, established by UK Prime Minister David Cameron to look at enhanced devolution for Scotland following the independence referendum, publishes its report, recommending the Scottish Parliament should be given the power to set income tax rates and bands.
- Speaking in Edinburgh, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Gordon Brown sets out a timetable for transferring more powers from Westminster to the Scottish Parliament in the event of a No vote in the forthcoming independence referendum.
- First Minister of Scotland Alex Salmond launches the "Yes" campaign for Scottish independence at Cineworld in Edinburgh.
- The BBC reports that former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom David Cameron is to head a GBP750 million ($1 billion) U.K. private fund to improve air, road and railway links between China and its trading partners.
- Former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom David Cameron resigns as MP for Witney, triggering a by-election.