A soldier from Burundi is killed in an explosion in northern Mogadishu, Somalia.
- About 8,000 African Union troops from Burundi and Uganda are deployed to the Somali capital Mogadishu, the scene of heavy fighting this week.
- Somali Islamist militant group al-Shabaab threaten more attacks in Burundi and Uganda in retaliation for their participation in an African Union peacekeeping operation in the country. Meanwhile, seven people are killed in fighting in the capital Mogadishu.
- An Al-Shabaab suicide attack kills at least 11 and injures 15 more Burundian peacekeepers on an African Union military base in Mogadishu, Somalia.
- A car bomb near an International Committee of the Red Cross office wounds three people in Mogadishu, Somalia.
- A car bomb claimed by Al-Shabab kills five people including the driver and wounds around ten others outside Somalia's Parliament, Interior Ministry, and Presidential Palace buildings in Mogadishu.