Voters in Senegal go to the polls for a runoff in the presidential election with reports indicating that challenger Macky Sall has defeated incumbent Abdoulaye Wade.
- Voice of America
- Macky Sall, former Prime Minister under Abdoulaye Wade's administration, is elected President of Senegal.
- Voters in Senegal elect all 165 members of their National Assembly, with former President Abdoulaye Wade leading a coalition against the incumbent Macky Sall's United in Hope coalition.
- Police shoot and kill two people in Podor during protests over a decision by the Constitutional Council that President of Senegal Abdoulaye Wade can run for re-election.
- After Senegal's parliamentary elections, Macky Sall resigns as Prime Minister and President Abdoulaye Wade appoints former Deputy Minister for the Budget Cheikh Hadjibou Soumar in his stead.
- Senegal's president Macky Sall appoints his close aid Mohammed Ben Abdallah Dionne as the third prime minister in Sall's time in office, following the resignation of Aminata Toure.