Justice and Equality Movement
Justice and Equality Movement rebels in Darfur release 49 UNAMID peacekeepers but retain three other people they accuse of being Sudanese security agents.
- The Sudanese People's Armed Forces claim that the leader of the Justice and Equality Movement in Darfur, Khalil Ibrahim, has been killed.
- An abducted Hungarian civilian, who worked for the UN-African Union peacekeeping mission in Sudan's Darfur region, is released.
- Darfur's rebel Justice and Equality Movement says it is ready to start discussions with international mediators in Qatar, but was not yet prepared to re-join full peace negotiations, saying Sudan's government had broken a ceasefire
- Two UNAMID peacekeepers are abducted by armed men in Nyala in the Darfur region of Sudan.
- Sudanese forces announce they have gained control of a rebel held area in Darfur after killing more than 150 members of the Justice and Equality Movement.