French epidemiologist Renaud Piarroux, working on behalf of the French and Haitian governments, points to "strong evidence" linking United Nations peacekeepers to Haiti's cholera outbreak.
A new report by French disease expert ties UN troops to the cholera outbreak, contradicting repeated denials by the UN.
- Al Jazeera (Image)
- The Straits Times
- The United Nations warns that the Haitian cholera epidemic could get worse.
- The United Nations and Pan American Health Organization estimate that the number of cases in the 2010 Haiti cholera outbreak could reach more than 200,000 in the next three months.
- The death toll from the 2010 Haiti cholera outbreak passes 1,000. At least one man is shot dead by United Nations peacekeepers after allegedly opening fire on the peacekeepers.
- The United Nations appeals for nearly $164 million to fund the battle against Haiti's outbreak of cholera as hospitals overflow and space and time run out.
- The United Nations announce that seven MONUSCO peacekeepers were killed in clashes with militia yesterday in Beni, North Kivu, Democratic Republic of the Congo.