Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad dismisses Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki for unknown reasons. He is replaced by Ali Akbar Salehi in an acting capacity.
Tehran, Dec 13 (DPA) In a surprise move, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has fired Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki, state media reported...
- Press TV
- Sify India
- President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad designed Ali Akbar Salehi, the current acting Foreign Minister to the Parliament to succeed Manouchehr Mottaki who was dismissed on December.
- The Parliament of Iran gives a vote of confidence to Ali Akbar Salehi, who has led the Atomic Energy Organisation of Iran since July 2009 and Iran's nuclear program, and is President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's candidate to become Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Iran's former nuclear negotiator Hassan Rouhani enters the race to succeed President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, accusing the incumbent of needlessly incurring crippling economic sanctions.
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad travels to Egypt. It is the first time since 1979 revolution that an Iranian head of state visits that country.
- The President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad announces his desire of becoming the first Iranian astronaut after the successful launching and returning of a monkey sent by its national scientific space program.