Heavy rains and flooding in Colombia cause up to $5.2 billion in damages.
- Reuters Alertnet
- At least 174 people are dead and 1.5 million homeless following floods in Colombia.
- A roadside bomb hits a United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon patrol, killing six Spanish-speaking peacekeepers (three of whom were Colombian) and injuring two others.
- Five Dutch nationals and a Colombian are arrested at the staged delivery operation in Oss, Netherlands, of a container with 4,500 kg of cocaine and bananas for cover, originating from Colombia, that was previously intercepted in the Port of Antwerp.
- A landslide pushes a bus into a ravine in Colombia, killing 13 people.
- A Colombian Army Mi-17 helicopter crashes near Segovia, Antioquia, in northern Colombia, killing at least ten people.