At least 17 people killed after attack on government building in the western Iraqi province.
- Al Jazeera (Image)
- A spate of car bombings kills 19 people and wounds dozens in the western Iraqi city of Ramadi, in Anbar province.
- Iraqi officials, following arrested IS militants' directions, uncover two mass graves with bodies of about 40 people in Ramadi.
- Iraqi officials say the country's forces have managed to retake large parts of the key city of Ramadi from Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant militants.
- The Iraqi government, via state TV, requests all civilians leave the ISIL-held city of Ramadi in Anbar province, after several days of U.S.-led coalition airstrikes against ISIL. Observers speculate this request precedes major ground operations to retake Ramadi, which fell to ISIL in May.
- Close to 55,000 people have fled the Iraqi city of Ramadi since it was captured by Islamic State.