A parliamentary election takes place in Kosovo, with exit polls indicating that Prime Minister Hashim Thai has won the vote.
Kosovo Prime Minister Hashim Thaci claims victory in the country's first parliamentary vote since declaring unilateral independence from Serbia.
- BBC (Image)
- Political parties in Kosovo cease campaigning ahead of the first parliamentary elections since independence from Serbia was declared in 2008.
- Attackers exchange gunfire with guards at Kosovo's Prime Minister Hashim Thai's home.
- Kosovar Prime Minister Hashim Thai unveils a "Welcome to the Republic of Kosovo" sign (in Albanian, Serbian, and English) at the border with Serbia.
- Hashim Thai, a former rebel leader who has promised to declare Kosovo's independence if mediation efforts fail, declares victory for his party in the parliamentary election.
- In Kosovo, opposition lawmakers set off tear gas to prevent the ratification of a border treaty with neighboring Montenegro.