Suspected drug lord Nazario Moreno was gunned down late on Thursday by security forces amid an ongoing crackdown in western Mexico, Mexican national security spokesman Alejandro Poire said on Friday.
- Reuters (Image)
- Mexican authorities confirm that Nazario Moreno Gonzalez, the top leader of the Knights Templar Cartel, was killed in the state of Michoacan.
- At least 14 people are killed in a series of clashes between alleged drug traffickers and police in the Mexican state of Michoacan. The government states that a high-profile drug lord was killed in the battle.
- The bodies of seven men, all shot in the head as if executed, are found dumped in plastic chairs placed along the side of a street in Uruapan, Michoacan, Mexico.
- The collapse of a shopping mall under construction in the Mexican city of Monterrey results in at least seven deaths and nine people missing. 15 others are injured.
- Mexican officials report the discovery of the remains of at least 166 people in a mass grave in Veracruz.