Mark Madoff, elder son of jailed financier Bernard Madoff, found dead in an apparent suicide.
- Al Jazeera (Image)
- Sky News
- Authorities in the U.S. arrest Paul Konigsberg, an accountant, charging him with complicity in the Ponzi scheme of former New York financier Bernard Madoff, a scheme that unraveled in 2008.
- Eight people are injured (three seriously) in Lower Manhattan as a result of an explosion and partial collapse, of as-yet unknown cause, in a five-storey building, in Chinatown, Manhattan, New York City, on Pike Street, near Henry Street.
- Prosecutors ask a judge of the Manhattan federal district court to sentence Peter Madoff, brother and co-conspirator of infamous scammer Bernard Madoff, to a sentence of ten years.
- The WTC-Cortlandt subway station in lower Manhattan opens for the first time since being destroyed in the September 11 attacks in 2001.
- A woman goes on a stabbing rampage in Queens, New York City, injuring five, including three infants. All are in stable condition.