Mark Madoff, the 46-year-old son of convicted American fraudster Bernard Madoff is located hanging dead at an apartment in the New York City borough of Manhattan.
Mark Madoff, elder son of jailed financier Bernard Madoff, found dead in an apparent suicide.
- Al Jazeera (Image)
- Sky News
- Authorities in the U.S. arrest Paul Konigsberg, an accountant, charging him with complicity in the Ponzi scheme of former New York financier Bernard Madoff, a scheme that unraveled in 2008.
- Eight people are injured (three seriously) in Lower Manhattan as a result of an explosion and partial collapse, of as-yet unknown cause, in a five-storey building, in Chinatown, Manhattan, New York City, on Pike Street, near Henry Street.
- Prosecutors ask a judge of the Manhattan federal district court to sentence Peter Madoff, brother and co-conspirator of infamous scammer Bernard Madoff, to a sentence of ten years.
- Prosecutors in the United States charge Sayfullo Saipov with a further six counts of attempted murder, in addition to the 22 other offences already charged in connection to a vehicle-ramming attack in New York. Saipov enters pleas of not guilty.
- Top North Korean official Kim Yong-chol meets with U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in New York City to discuss the summit set to be held in June.