Ivory Coast President Laurent Gbagbo is to seek talks with rival presidential candidate Alassane Ouattara to end the crisis in the country. The head of the Economic Community of West African States James Victor Gbeho rejects the idea of power-sharing talks.
President dismisses fears of civil war resumption following a poll he is widely thought to have lost to his rival.
- Al Jazeera (Image)
- Forces loyal to internationally-recognised Ivory Coast President Alassane Ouattara storm the bunker of Laurent Gbagbo in a "final assault".
- Ivory Coast President Alassane Ouattara says former leader Laurent Gbagbo will face charges at the national and international level.
- 2010-2011 Ivorian crisis: Heavy fighting continues in Abidjan, the largest city in the Ivory Coast between forces loyal to current President of the Ivory Coast Laurent Gbagbo and internationally-recognised claimant Alassane Ouattara.
- The head of the African Union travels to Ivory Coast to visit Laurent Gbagbo and Alassane Ouattara who both claim to be the country's president.
- Internationally recognised President of Ivory Coast Alassane Ouattara calls for a halt to cocoa and coffee exports to cut off funding for incumbent President Laurent Gbagbo.