Hundreds of Spartak Moscow fans and Russian nationalists clash with riot police in central Moscow over the death of a football fan earlier this week.
A number of people are injured in central Moscow as football fans protesting over the killing of a fellow supporter clash with police.
- RIA Novosti
- Emergency teams comb snowy fields outside Moscow Monday for debris from a crashed Russian airliner and the remains of the 71 people who died. Transport Minister Maksim Sokolov says that emergency teams have already found the plane's flight data recorder, which will help them determine the crash's cause, but notes that the search for the victims' remains will take at least a week.
- Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny is arrested by police at a protest rally in Moscow. His arrest comes shortly after police raid the headquarters of his unregistered Progress Party in an apparent attempt to disrupt online broadcasts of opposition rallies against Vladimir Putin, while police say they were looking for a bomb. Navalny is released from police custody without charge late Sunday but needs to appear in court later.
- A public transport bus crashes into Slavyansky Bulvar subway station entrance in Moscow, Russia, killing four and injuring eleven.
- A fire at the Sindika Trade Center, a construction materials shopping center in the northwestern edge of Moscow, Russia, forces the evacuation of at least 3000 people.
- Russian opposition leader and hopeful presidential candidate Alexei Navalny is sentenced in Moscow to 20 days detention for organizing unauthorized public meetings. This is Navalny's third jail term this year.