Traces of cocaine "likely" triggered the death of Gerry Ryan in April.
Traces of cocaine were the likely trigger that led to the death of Irish broadcaster Gerry Ryan, an inquest in Dublin is told.
- The Irish Times
- Five Dutch nationals and a Colombian are arrested at the staged delivery operation in Oss, Netherlands, of a container with 4,500 kg of cocaine and bananas for cover, originating from Colombia, that was previously intercepted in the Port of Antwerp.
- Police in Serbia arrest three Australians, one of them Rohan Arnold, a known businessman, for allegedly smuggling 1,280 kg of cocaine into Sydney in 2016.
- Colombian authorities seize 12 tons of cocaine, worth an estimated $360 million, from the Clan del Golfo and make four arrests.
- Colombian police announce the seizure of about 8 tonne of cocaine in an operation targeting the Clan Usuga gang. This would make it the biggest seizure of drugs in the history of Colombia.
- Two nephews of Venezuelan First Lady Cilia Flores, who were arrested in Haiti by U.S. authorities on Tuesday, are indicted in New York for conspiring to smuggle cocaine into the United States.