Prosecutors in Croatia issue an arrest warrant for former Prime Minister Ivo Sanader on suspected corruption charges. He is then arrested.
Ivo Sanader, wanted for corruption, has been arrested by Austrian police near Salzburgon on an international warrant.
- Al Jazeera (Image)
- Sify India
- Former Croatian prime minister Ivo Sanader is sentenced to 10 years in prison in a first-degree verdict. He is the highest official in Croatia to be convicted of corruption.
- Croatian Prime Minister Ivo Sanader resigns amidst European Union negotiations standstill and economic crisis.
- Croatia closes seven out of eight border crossings with Serbia. Zoran Milanovic, the Prime Minister, says that his country "will move migrants on".
- The trial of former Prime Minister of Croatia Ivo Sanader, which was due to begin in Zagreb, is postponed on health grounds.
- Tens of thousands of protesters meet in the Croatian capital Zagreb's Ban Jelacic Square to express their support for indicted Croatian War of Independence veterans and ask Prime Minister Jadranka Kosor's government to resign.