For the first time since World War II, German troops are stationed in France.
- Yahoo! News
- The foreign ministers of Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom, France, China and Iran agree to the creation of a Special Purpose Vehicle, a financial facility in the European Union, to facilitate payments and continue trade with Iran after the US withdrawal from the Iran deal.
- Spain, Portugal, France, Germany and Luxembourg agree to take in 141 migrants, 67 of them unaccompanied children, who were rescued on Friday by the MV "Aquarius"; Malta allows the ship to dock.
- The leaders of the United Kingdom, Germany and France agree on their support for the Iran nuclear deal as the best way to prevent Iran from having nuclear weapons.
- Around 10,000 people are evacuated from central Berlin, Germany, while bomb disposal experts defuse a 500 kg World War II-era British bomb at a construction site.
- Winter storm Eleanor moves from the British Isles to continental Europe with one dead in France as well as injuries and material losses in Germany, Netherlands and Switzerland.