A school in Dublin threatens to expel a student who led a protest march against education cuts outlined by the Irish government.
A Leaving Cert student who organised a protest march against budget cuts in education is facing expulsion from his Dublin school.
- Evening Herald (Image)
- Ireland protests in response to the Venezuelan government seizing a Smurfit Kappa production plant, with Dublin liaising through its Mexican embassy to secure its return and the release of imprisoned managers.
- Taoiseach Leo Varadkar announces plans to open the Technological University Dublin, a new university in Dublin, Ireland, in January 2019. The new university will be an amalgamation of three existing institutes of technology - DIT, ITB, and IT Tallaght.
- Tens of thousands of protesters march through Dublin to demand Ireland to change its abortion laws, and anti-abortion activists stage counter-demonstrations. A pro-choice rally is held outside the Irish embassy in London.
- Bank of America chooses Dublin as its European hub.
- A 3 year-old boy is stabbed to death in an incident in the Poddle Park area of Kimmage in Dublin, Ireland. The child's mother, believed to be an Iranian national, is being treated for knife wounds in hospital.