Jordanians vote in parliamentary elections that have been boycotted by the strongest opposition party, the Islamic Action Front.
- BBC (Image)
- Flash floods caused by heavy rain in Petra, Jordan, kill 11 people while 24 others are injured.
- Flash floods near the Dead Sea in Jordan kill at least 21 people including 19 children on a school trip and injure 43 others.
- King Abdullah II announces Jordan will reclaim two small plots of farmland territory leased to Israel under their 1994 peace treaty.
- Ahead of an expected U.S. announcement that it will cut all aid to the UNRWA, which supports more than 5 million registered Palestinian refugees, Germany calls on European Union states to help bridge the expected US$217 million deficit. Yesterday, Jordan made a similar appeal to the Arab League.
- Israel Defense Forces extract 98 White Helmets and 324 others from recently recaptured southwestern Syrian territory into Jordan, at the request of Canada and the United States. Canada, the United Kingdom and Germany offer refuge to some of them. Two other groups intended for rescue, comprising about 800 people, do not escape.