David Cameron raises the issue of human rights in talks with China, during what he called a "vitally important" trade mission to the country.
- BBC (Image)
- The BBC reports that former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom David Cameron is to head a GBP750 million ($1 billion) U.K. private fund to improve air, road and railway links between China and its trading partners.
- British Prime Minister David Cameron says talks between himself and the leaders of the UK's other main political parties on the recommendations of the Leveson report have broken down. Cameron says he will publish a Royal Charter on press regulations on Monday.
- UK retail giant Tesco opens its first own-brand supermarket branch in China, in the capital, Beijing.
- The United States imposes a 25% tariff on goods imported from China worth $50 billion, set to come into effect on July 6, and accuses Beijing of "intellectual copyright theft".
- UK Prime Minister Theresa May announces that henceforth April 22 will be marked nationally as Stephen Lawrence Day to commemorate the black teenager murdered 25 years ago in a racist assault. The high-profile crime led to the Metropolitan Police being labeled "institutionally racist".