A second Russian journalist is attacked in Moscow. Motivation is unclear but both had written about trees being felled to make way for motorways.
- Al Jazeera
- A fire at the Sindika Trade Center, a construction materials shopping center in the northwestern edge of Moscow, Russia, forces the evacuation of at least 3000 people.
- Russian opposition leader and hopeful presidential candidate Alexei Navalny is sentenced in Moscow to 20 days detention for organizing unauthorized public meetings. This is Navalny's third jail term this year.
- The United States Department of Justice has requested Moscow-based Russian media channel RT America to register as a foreign lobbying firm in the United States.
- Three so-called GTA gang members are shot dead and four others are wounded, including two guards, at a courthouse in Moscow, Russia, after they attempted to escape.
- At least 11 people are killed and 69 are injured as a severe thunderstorm hits Moscow, Russia.