Unidentified attackers armed with knives kill 12 people in Kushchyovskaya, Krasnodar krai, Russia.
- The Moscow Times
- Russia reinforces the joint Armenian-Russian run Erebuni Airport, home to the Russian 3624th Air Base, with six attack and transport helicopters. The Russian Defence Ministry said the Mi-24 and Mi-8 helicopters had been transferred from a military base in the southern Russian region of Krasnodar Krai to the air base in Erebuni, Armenia.
- At least 63 people die in a fire in a home for elderly and disabled people in a village in Russia's Krasnodar Krai.
- United States Central Command says that it killed more than 100 pro-government troops in "self-defense" strikes 8 km east of the Euphrates de-confliction line that was reportedly agreed with Russia.
- The London-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reports that unidentified rebel factions have shot down a Russian Sukhoi Su-25 jet over the Idlib Governorate, near Maarrat al-Nu'man, also killing its pilot. The pilot had escaped with his parachute but was killed on the ground while he fought with a pistol to evade capture. No groups claim responsibility. Russia's Ministry of Defence corroborates this version of events.
- A gunman kills five people and wounds several others at a church in Kizlyar, Dagestan, Russia. Police later shoot and kill him.