Unidentified attackers armed with knives kill 12 people in Kushchyovskaya, Krasnodar krai, Russia.
- The Moscow Times
- Russia reinforces the joint Armenian-Russian run Erebuni Airport, home to the Russian 3624th Air Base, with six attack and transport helicopters. The Russian Defence Ministry said the Mi-24 and Mi-8 helicopters had been transferred from a military base in the southern Russian region of Krasnodar Krai to the air base in Erebuni, Armenia.
- At least 63 people die in a fire in a home for elderly and disabled people in a village in Russia's Krasnodar Krai.
- A fire at the Sindika Trade Center, a construction materials shopping center in the northwestern edge of Moscow, Russia, forces the evacuation of at least 3000 people.
- According to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, Russian airstrikes kill at least 14 civilians, including three children, as they cross the Euphrates river near the ISIL-held city of Mayadin in eastern Syria while fleeing the village of Mahkan.
- A train hits a bus on a crossing in Vladimir, Russia, killing at least 19 people on the bus. No train passengers were injured.