U.S. militant Lori Berenson is released from prison in Peru after serving more than a decade for collaborating with the Tupac Amaru Revolutionary Movement.
- AP via ''The Chronicle
- Lori Berenson is freed on parole after serving 15 years in a Peruvian prison for aiding the Tupac Amaru Revolutionary Movement.
- A Peruvian judge orders that United States born militant Lori Berenson be released from prison in Lima.
- A Peruvian court revokes the parole of Lori Berenson, a United States citizen convicted in the 1990s of collaborating with the Tpac Amaru Revolutionary Movement.
- American Lori Berenson, convicted of collaborating with a left-wing group in Peru, apologises after her release from a 20-year prison sentence; she denies any form of violence or murder.
- A coach transiting the Pan-American Highway plunges off the road in Arequipa, Peru, killing 44 people.