The United States offers to drop Sudan from its list of "state sponsors of terrorism", ending its isolation, if two scheduled referendums take place with respected results.
- Al Jazeera (Image)
- The United States warns against an attack by "regional extremists" on an Air Uganda flight between Uganda and Sudan.
- A United States federal court judge orders Sudan to pay $8 million in compensation to the victims of the bombing of the USS "Cole".
- The Sudanese government says that a recent attempted coup d'etat did not have the support of the United States government, contrary to previous accusations from Nafi Ali Nafi, Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir's assistant. The government has arrested 14 members of the Umma Reform and Renewal Party for plotting the coup.
- Sheik Ahmad Bahr, acting speaker of the Palestinian Legislative Council and top Hamas official, declares in a sermon in Sudan his desire to kill all Jews and Americans "down to the very last one."
- A gunman kills three people and injures two others at the Fifth Third Bank headquarters in Cincinnati, United States, before police fatally shoot him.