The United States offers to drop Sudan from its list of "state sponsors of terrorism", ending its isolation, if two scheduled referendums take place with respected results.
- Al Jazeera
- The United States warns against an attack by "regional extremists" on an Air Uganda flight between Uganda and Sudan.
- A United States federal court judge orders Sudan to pay $8 million in compensation to the victims of the bombing of the USS "Cole".
- The Sudanese government says that a recent attempted coup d'etat did not have the support of the United States government, contrary to previous accusations from Nafi Ali Nafi, Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir's assistant. The government has arrested 14 members of the Umma Reform and Renewal Party for plotting the coup.
- Sheik Ahmad Bahr, acting speaker of the Palestinian Legislative Council and top Hamas official, declares in a sermon in Sudan his desire to kill all Jews and Americans "down to the very last one."
- The Federal Aviation Administration of the United States orders Boeing 787 jets using Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engines to operate within one hour of an airport at all times following safety concerns with the engines worldwide which culminated in Air New Zealand and Air China grounding their fleets last week.