The Foreign Minister of Israel, Avigdor Lieberman, denounces the left-wing performers who refuse to perform in a theatre in a Jewish settlement on the West Bank as an "extremist group trying to wage cultural terrorism".
- Reuters (Image)
- Avigdor Lieberman, the Israeli Foreign Affairs Minister and leader of the Yisrael Beitenu Party says that it will block any proposal to extend a freeze on settlements on the West Bank.
- Israel's Supreme Court rejects appeals against the demolition of Khan al-Ahmar in the occupied West Bank whose fate has been a subject of international concern.
- Clashes break out between Israeli security forces and Bedouin residents in Khan al-Ahmar, West Bank, as Israeli bulldozers prepare to demolish the village. The Supreme Court of Israel ruled that its residents could be evicted on May 24, while such relocation is considered illegal under international humanitarian law.
- Israeli Minister of Defense Avigdor Lieberman says that Israel has started building an "unique obstacle" along the Zikim beach, a three-story-high kind of breakwater designed to cut off the inhabitants of the Gaza Strip from access to Israel by the sea. The "impenetrable" structure made of stone and fence is expected to be completed before the end of this year.
- The death toll from flash floods in the Dead Sea, Israel, reaches fourteen including ten teenage hikers with a lorry driver still missing. Three youth workers connected to the hike are arrested. Two Palestinian children are reported to have also died in the West Bank.