- Beta Rian
- Voters in Azerbaijan go to the polls for a parliamentary election with the opposition raising concerns over candidates being prevented from registering.
- Azerbaijan's largest blackout since 1991 affects most of the country.
- At a summit in Baku, India and Azerbaijan discuss cooperation in areas including counterterrorism, agriculture, infrastuctural development, women's rights, and trade.
- The Central Criminal Court in Baghdad, Iraq, sentences nineteen Russian women, six Azerbaijani women, and four Tajikistani women to life in prison for membership to ISIL.
- Iraq sentences seven foreign women for links to Islamic State. Three Azerbaijanis and one Kergyz receive death sentences while two Russians and a French women receive life sentences.