Libyan authorities arrest 10 reporters apparently for criticizing Libya's leadership.
- The Jerusalem Post
- A double car bombing in Benghazi, Libya, kills at least 33 people and wounds "dozens" of others. The victims include both military personnel and civilians, according to local officials.
- The Hellenic Coast Guard seizes the Tanzanian-flagged cargo ship "Andromeda" - allegedly bound for Libya, loaded with 410 tonnes of explosives - in Heraklion, Greece. 102 safety deficiencies are found, and 8 crew members are arrested.
- Gunmen shoot dead the Mayor of Misurata, Libya, Mohamed Eshtewi, and wound his brother, after they chase down his car.
- In coordination with Libya's internationally recognized government, American special operations forces and FBI agents capture Mustafa al-Imam, a militant who allegedly was involved in the 2012 Benghazi attack, at an unknown location in Libya.
- At least five migrants have died and ninety are missing after their boat sinks off the western coast of Libya.