Libyan authorities arrest 10 reporters apparently for criticizing Libya's leadership.
- The Jerusalem Post (Image)
- Witnesses say that gunmen in pickup trucks attacked a police station in Tazirbu, southeast Libya. At least five people were killed and several civilians were abducted.
- More than 40 people, including civilians, have died in clashes in the Libyan city of Tripoli.
- A Mediterranean hurricane forms, threatening Libya, Italy, Tunisia, and Greece.
- Around 400 prisoners, mostly supporters of the late Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi, escape from a detention facility in Ain Zara, near Tripoli, amid fighting between rival militia groups.
- Gunmen storm the headquarters of the National Oil Corporation (NOC) in Tripoli, Libya. At least four people are killed.