Libyan authorities arrest 10 reporters apparently for criticizing Libya's leadership.
- The Jerusalem Post
- At least five migrants have died and ninety are missing after their boat sinks off the western coast of Libya.
- The European Union restricts the exports of inflatable boats to Libya.
- Bahrain, Egypt, Libya, the Maldives, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the internationally recognized government of Yemen sever diplomatic ties with Qatar, ordering Qatari citizens in those countries to be expelled as well as cutting all land, air and sea connections. "National security," "media incitement" and Qatar's support of Iran are variously cited.
- The Italian Coast Guard reports that at least 20 migrants are killed when their 500-passenger boat capsizes in the Mediterranean Sea off Libya's coast. About 1,700 people have been rescued in 15 operations since Tuesday.
- The death toll from an attack on a Libyan National Army-controlled airbase in southern Libya reportedly rises to 140 people.