Israel has revealed plans to build nearly 1,300 housing units for Jewish settlers in east Jerusalem.
Israel reveals plans to build nearly 1,300 housing units for Jewish settlers in occupied East Jerusalem.
- BBC (Image)
- Paraguay announces that it will move its embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem by the end of May. Paraguay is the third country to relocate its embassy to Jerusalem after the United States and Guatemala.
- Paraguay opens its embassy in Jerusalem, making Paraguay the third country, after the United States and Guatemala, to transfer its diplomatic mission in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
- Romanian President Klaus Iohannis asks Prime Minister Viorica Dancila to resign. Iohannis says Dancila did not consult him before endorsing a plan to move Romania's embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.
- Israeli lawmakers Yuval Steinitz and Oren Hazan accuse Jerusalem-born actress Natalie Portman of antisemitism and seek to revoke her citizenship with Hazan calling her a "little hyprocrite liar" after she decides not to travel to Israel and accept the US$2 million Genesis Prize.
- Actress Natalie Portman, who was born in Jerusalem, pulls out of the upcoming Genesis Prize (worth 1 million USD) ceremony in Israel over "recent events in Israel". The Genesis Prize Foundation says it is worried the event will become politicised.