Israel has revealed plans to build nearly 1,300 housing units for Jewish settlers in east Jerusalem.
Israel reveals plans to build nearly 1,300 housing units for Jewish settlers in occupied East Jerusalem.
- BBC (Image)
- Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison announces that his government is considering recognising Jerusalem as the Israeli capital and relocating its embassy accordingly, in line with the United States, drawing local criticism and sparking outrage from members of the opposition. The announcement comes days before a by-election in which the governing party's candidate is Dave Sharma, a former ambassador to Israel.
- Paraguay announces that it will move its embassy in Israel from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv, reversing a May decision to move it from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, citing efforts to achieve peace in the Middle East. In response, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu orders the closure of Israel's embassy in Paraguay.
- Paraguay announces that it will move its embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem by the end of May. Paraguay is the third country to relocate its embassy to Jerusalem after the United States and Guatemala.
- Paraguay opens its embassy in Jerusalem, making Paraguay the third country, after the United States and Guatemala, to transfer its diplomatic mission in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
- Romanian President Klaus Iohannis asks Prime Minister Viorica Dancila to resign. Iohannis says Dancila did not consult him before endorsing a plan to move Romania's embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.