Cycling's world body Union Cycliste Internationale asks the Spanish federation to take action against Tour de France winner Alberto Contador who tested positive for a small amount of clenbuterol.
- The International Cycling Union provisionally suspends Spanish cyclist Alberto Contador, the current Tour de France champion, after he was found to have tested positive for a small amount of clenbuterol, a banned substance, on July 21. He blames food contamination for the positive sample.
- In cycling, Alberto Contador of Spain wins his second Giro d'Italia.
- In cycling, Team Katusha is granted a World Tour licence by the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) after the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) last week upheld the Russian team's appeal against the UCI's original decision to deny it a ProTeam licence.
- In cycling, the Court of Arbitration for Sport bans Spanish rider Alberto Contador for two years for doping and strips him of championships including the 2010 Tour de France.
- The Court of Arbitration for Sport upholds a two year ban against cyclist Floyd Landis meaning that he will lose his 2006 Tour de France title.
- Alberto Contador of Spain wins the 2007 Tour de France with Cadel Evans of Australia finishing second and Levi Leipheimer of the United States finishing third.
- In cycling, the 2015 Tour de France gets underway in the Dutch city of Utrecht with an individual time trial.
- In cycling, the 2015 Giro d'Italia gets underway at San Lorenzo al Mare.
- In cycling, the 2013 Tour de France finishes today in Paris with Kenyan-born British rider Chris Froome winning his first Tour de France.
- In cycling, the 100th running of the Tour de France gets underway in Corsica.