AfghanistanAfghan and NATO-led troops kill 15 Taliban militants in the southern Kandahar province during a joint operation.
- NATO apologizes for the deaths of Afghan civilians in an air raid on Tuesday, October 24, in Kandahar province, blaming Taliban insurgents for using the villagers as cover.
- At least 11 Afghan civilians are killed and 16 wounded when a NATO helicopter attacked a house where Taliban insurgents had taken shelter in Logar Province, east of Kabul.
- According to the Defense Ministry, between 26 and 30 military personnel are dead and over 80 Taliban militants have been either killed or wounded amid intense fighting at a military base in Kandahar Province.
- Taliban militants attack an Afghan National Army base in Shah Wali Kot District, Kandahar Province, killing at least 15 soldiers.
- Russian Special Envoy to Afghanistan Zamir Kabulov denies allegations by NATO Commander Gen. Curtis Scaparrotti that Russia was "perhaps" supplying the Taliban.