A government conservation campaign, and possible hoarding by state oil companies, causes a severe shortage on diesel fuel in the People's Republic of China, disrupting industry and commerce.
- Hundreds of people attempt to control a large diesel leak into a major tributary of the Yellow River, the Wei River, in Shaanxi, China.
- Pedro Parente, the head of Brazil Petrobras, resigns among protests related to diesel fuel prices.
- China's National People's Congress approves the removal of presidential term limits, in a move that allows current president Xi Jinping to remain president for life.
- At least 36 people die in a bus crash in China's Shaanxi province. The bus was travelling between Chengdu and Luoyang.
- An early morning fire in the Chinese city of Changshu in Jiangsu province kills 22 people and injures three.