The United Nations says that more than 650 women and children have been detained, tortured and sexually abused during mass evictions from Angola to the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Unicef says 650 women and girls locked up, tortured and sexually abused by security forces during mass expulsions.
- Al Jazeera
- At least 17 new mass graves are discovered by United Nations investigators in Kasai-Central, Democratic Republic of the Congo, mostly around the town of Tshimbulu.
- Three members of a United Nations peacekeeping mission to the Democratic Republic of the Congo have been abducted.
- UN troops in the Democratic Republic of the Congo launch an offensive, shelling positions held by rebels near the eastern city of Goma.
- Eleven African nations including all the members of the African Great Lakes region sign a United Nations brokered peace deal for the eastern region of the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo wants United Nations sanctions on Rwandese top military officials named in a June U.N. report as supporting the M23 rebels in the current east Congo conflict.