Tanzanian President Jakaya Kikwete is sworn in for a second and final term.
- Daily Nation
- Tanzania's President Jakaya Kikwete sacks six ministers amid allegations of government corruption.
- The President of Tanzania, Jakaya Kikwete, accuses the opposition of provoking violence in the country in an attempt to remove the government.
- A bus crash in Makomero, Tanzania, kills 12 people and injures 46.
- Tanzania's Communications Regulatory Authority issues a two week deadline for bloggers, Internet TV shows, and other online content creators and distributors to register with the government.
- A bus and a lorry collide head-on near Kitonga, Tanzania, killing twenty six people and wounding nine others.