Tanzanian President Jakaya Kikwete is sworn in for a second and final term.
- Daily Nation
- Tanzania's President Jakaya Kikwete sacks six ministers amid allegations of government corruption.
- The President of Tanzania, Jakaya Kikwete, accuses the opposition of provoking violence in the country in an attempt to remove the government.
- The Hellenic Coast Guard seizes the Tanzanian-flagged cargo ship "Andromeda" - allegedly bound for Libya, loaded with 410 tonnes of explosives - in Heraklion, Greece. 102 safety deficiencies are found, and 8 crew members are arrested.
- Suspected Allied Democratic Forces militants in North Kivu, DR Congo, kill at least 15 United Nations peacekeepers, mostly Tanzanian, and five Congolese soldiers, and wound 53 other people. An unknown number of the rebels are killed. Over 90 peacekeepers have been killed since the mission started in 1999.
- As many as 30 people, mostly children, are killed after a school bus plunges off a road into a steep ravine in the Arusha Region of northern Tanzania.