Somali pirates receive a record GBP7.6m in ransoms for seized South Korean and Singaporean ships.
Somali pirates are reported to have received a total of about $12.3m (£7.6m) in ransom money to release two ships.
- Al Jazeera
- Somali pirates receive a record PS7.6m in ransoms for seized South Korean and Singaporean ships.
- Somali pirates receive a record GBP7.6m in ransoms for seized South Korean and Singaporean ships.
- South Korea will fly the bodies of eight Somali pirates killed in a commando raid on a freighter last month from Muscat, Oman, to Mogadishu, Somalia.
- The South Korean navy directs an operation against Somali pirates who hijacked a South Korean ship, rescuing all 21 hostages, while eight pirates are killed and five are captured.
- Somali pirates hijack a South Korean owned Kenyan registered fishing boat with 43 crew aboard.
- Somali pirates hijack a Singaporean chemical tanker in the Gulf of Aden, carrying a cargo of ethylene glycol.
- Piracy in Somalia: A South Korean warship catches up with an oil tanker that was hijacked by Somali pirates in the Indian Ocean.