Prominent Russian journalist Oleg Kashin for the "Kommersant" newspaper is attacked outside his home in Moscow.
* Oleg Kashin worked for leading Russian daily Kommersant * Covered opposition protests, national politics * Medvedev personally orders in
- RIA Novosti
- Hundreds of people protest in Moscow, Russia, to demand action over an attack on journalist Oleg Kashin.
- A fire at the Sindika Trade Center, a construction materials shopping center in the northwestern edge of Moscow, Russia, forces the evacuation of at least 3000 people.
- Russian opposition leader and hopeful presidential candidate Alexei Navalny is sentenced in Moscow to 20 days detention for organizing unauthorized public meetings. This is Navalny's third jail term this year.
- The United States Department of Justice has requested Moscow-based Russian media channel RT America to register as a foreign lobbying firm in the United States.
- Three so-called GTA gang members are shot dead and four others are wounded, including two guards, at a courthouse in Moscow, Russia, after they attempted to escape.