Prominent Russian journalist Oleg Kashin for the "Kommersant" newspaper is attacked outside his home in Moscow.
* Oleg Kashin worked for leading Russian daily Kommersant * Covered opposition protests, national politics * Medvedev personally orders in
- RIA Novosti
- Reuters (Image)
- Hundreds of people protest in Moscow, Russia, to demand action over an attack on journalist Oleg Kashin.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin is inaugurated at the Grand Kremlin Palace in Moscow for a fourth term as President of Russia following his victory in March's presidential election.
- Russian investigators say the flight crew received indications of a failure in the heating for the pitot-static system, which measures parameters including airspeed. The crew received mismatching airspeed information prior to the crash near Moscow. All 71 on board died.
- Representatives of Russia and Israel meet in Moscow to discuss the Middle East, particularly recent developments in Syria and Gaza.
- Russia holds a briefing on the case for all foreign diplomats in Moscow, where it accuses the United Kingdom of "withholding evidence."