Opposition parties in Burma accuse the military junta of "cheating" and "threatening" voters ahead of the general election on Sunday.
- Al Jazeera
- Burma's new parliament is to convene on 31 January for the first time following general elections last year.
- About 20,000 people flee Burma to escape fighting between the Burmese military and the Democratic Karen Buddhist Army in Karen State after the recent general election.
- Voters in Burma go to the polls for the Burmese general election, the first national election in twenty years, with widespread allegations of intimidation and fraud.
- Six armed ethnic groups in Burma join forces, fearing they will be attacked by the military government after the general election on Sunday.
- An ongoing denial-of-service cyber attack knocks Burma off the internet, days ahead of the general election.