27 people are killed in various arson incidents in Karachi, capital of Pakistan's Sindh province.
- The Deccan Chronicle
- More than 200 people die in accidents related to storms in Karachi, Pakistan.
- An Afghan diplomat is shot dead at the Afghan consulate in Karachi, Pakistan.
- At least 22 people have been killed and 65 injured following a collision of the Bahauddin Zakaria Express with a stationary train at Juma Goth Train station, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Five people are killed and several other civilians injured as armed terrorists, targeting Shia Muslims, open fire on participants of a Majlis at a home in the Nazimabad district of Karachi, Pakistan.
- A Pakistani police officer accidentally detonates a grenade in an anti-terrorism court in Karachi, injuring himself and a court assistant. The officer was attempting to demonstrate a grenade detonator to a judge and said the grenade was defused before pulling the pin.