27 people are killed in various arson incidents in Karachi, capital of Pakistan's Sindh province.
- The Deccan Chronicle
- The government of Pakistan is "rethinking" its dependence on China for the loans it needs to complete its Peshawar to Karachi rail project. This is part of a broader pushback on the ambitions of China's Belt and Road Initiative throughout the region.
- An initial report on a collision between container ships MV "Tolten" and MV " Hamburg Bay" near Karachi, Pakistan, that caused millions of rupees in damage and lost cargo last month suggests errors by MV "Tolten"s captain caused the collision and better tug provision by Karachi Port would have prevented it.
- An Afghan diplomat is shot dead at the Afghan consulate in Karachi, Pakistan.
- At least 22 people have been killed and 65 injured following a collision of the Bahauddin Zakaria Express with a stationary train at Juma Goth Train station, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Five people are killed and several other civilians injured as armed terrorists, targeting Shia Muslims, open fire on participants of a Majlis at a home in the Nazimabad district of Karachi, Pakistan.