The Chinese embassy in Oslo implicitly warns foreign diplomats not to attend the Nobel Peace Prize award ceremony for Liu Xiaobo.
China warns that there will be "consequences" if governments show support for jailed Nobel peace laureate Liu Xiaobo.
- BBC (Image)
- 19 countries are to miss the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony for Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo; 44 are to attend. China described supporters of Liu as "clowns".
- A ceremony is held in Norway to award the Nobel Peace Prize to Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo "in absentia".
- The Prime Minister of Japan Naoto Kan calls on China to release Nobel Peace Prize winner Liu Xiaobo.
- Liu Xia, widow of Nobel Peace Prize laureate and human rights activist Liu Xiaobo, is allowed to leave Beijing, China, for Berlin, Germany.
- Prominent Chinese dissident and Nobel Peace Prize winner Liu Xiaobo dies.