Ready Steady Cook
"Ready Steady Cook", thought to be the longest running cookery show currently on television, is axed by the BBC.
- Daily Mail
- Daily Record
- The Guardian
- A BBC study finds that, October 2017 lc=y, the Taliban presently maintains control of or has some territorial presence in 70% of Afghanistan, with full control of 14 districts (totaling 4% of the country) and demonstrating an open physical militant presence in 263 others (encompassing the remaining 66% of the group's occupied territory).
- The BBC reports that former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom David Cameron is to head a GBP750 million ($1 billion) U.K. private fund to improve air, road and railway links between China and its trading partners.
- The BBC reveals that a secret deal in mid-October allowed hundreds of ISIL fighters and their families, including some of their "most notorious members", escape from Raqqa in a convoy that was between 6 to 7 km long. The United States government confirms that the deal with ISIL was made and that the evacuations took place. The possibility of a deal was previously reported as early as October 14.
- The BBC plans to launch a service in Korean.
- Jodie Whittaker has been announced to be replacing Peter Capaldi as the thirteenth incarnation of The Doctor, becoming the first woman to take the lead role of the BBC's long-running science fiction television series, "Doctor Who".