MSNBC suspends U.S. television pundit Keith Olbermann indefinitely for making political donations to three Democratic Party candidates.
- MSNBC terminates a contract with their highest-rated cable news host, Keith Olbermann.
- American film producer Harvey Weinstein (including "Pulp Fiction", "Clerks", "The Crying Game", and "Sex, Lies, and Videotape") answers allegations made by a report in "The New York Times" that he had settled eight sexual harassment claims made over three decades. Multiple Democratic recipients of Weinstein's political donations give the funds to women's charities.
- President Donald Trump, siding with Democrats, reaches a deal with congressional leaders of both parties to extend the U.S. debt limit and fund the federal government until Dec. 15, as well as provide Harvey disaster relief.
- In an official dinner hosted by the United States President, Donald Trump and leaders of the Democratic party Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi agree to fix DACA but disagree with the details, with Trump denying on Twitter the following day that a deal had been made which excluded funding for his proposed wall on the Mexico-United States border.
- West Virginia Governor Jim Justice announces, during U.S. President Donald Trump's rally in Huntington, he is changing his party affiliation from Democratic to Republican.