An Aero Caribbean passenger plane crashes in the central Cuban province of Sancti Spritus, killing all 68 on board.
A Cuban passenger plane crashes in the centre of the country killing all 68 people on board, including 28 foreigners, officials say.
- Aero Caribbean Flight 883 crashes in central Cuba, killing all 68 people on board.
- A senior European External Action Service official says that the European Union, in order to protect its companies doing business with Iran, could implement "blocking regulations" based on a legal framework set up in 1996 for E.U. trade with Cuba, should the United States pull out of the 2015 nuclear deal and restore its sanctions.
- The Cuban Parliament approves moving the country's municipal elections to March, and the presidential election to April, when President Raul Castro is expected to step down.
- The Trump administration, through the Department of State and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, expels 15 Cuban diplomats, after pulling half of its own embassy staff from Havana on Sept. 29, due to the alleged failure of Cuba to take appropriate steps to protect American personnel against the mysterious health attacks.
- Tropical storm warnings are issued for western Cuba and the northwestern Bahamas, and tropical storm warnings are announced for coastal South Florida in the U.S., as a strengthening Tropical Storm Philippe treks north-northeast with maximum sustained winds at 35 mph (55 km-h).