An Aero Caribbean passenger plane crashes in the central Cuban province of Sancti Spritus, killing all 68 on board.
A Cuban passenger plane crashes in the centre of the country killing all 68 people on board, including 28 foreigners, officials say.
- Aero Caribbean Flight 883 crashes in central Cuba, killing all 68 people on board.
- The Trump administration, through the Department of State and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, expels 15 Cuban diplomats, after pulling half of its own embassy staff from Havana on Sept. 29, due to the alleged failure of Cuba to take appropriate steps to protect American personnel against the mysterious health attacks.
- Hurricane Irma makes landfall in Cuba. The death toll across the Caribbean is at least 25 people,
- Irma has killed at least 14 people. The storm, still at Category 5 strength with maximum sustained winds of 175 mph (280 km-h), is moving west-northwest at 16 mph (26 km-h). It has reached the dual-country island of Hispaniola and is forecast to pass over the Turks and Caicos Islands as it heads towards The Bahamas and Cuba. The eye did not directly hit Puerto Rico; still casualties are reported and around two-thirds of its 3.4 million population are without electricity.
- The United States State Department says at least 16 U.S. government employees and family members based in Cuba showed physical symptoms from the previously reported acoustic attacks. Investigators are exploring whether some form of sonic attack was directed at diplomats' homes.